The end of another school year is upon us! Praise be! And for only the second time in my adult life, I’m not working this summer!
Well, I am. Just not, y’know, at work.
This summer is actually shaping up to be a busy one. I’m actively searching for tutoring clients and editing clients (hint hint), and I’m planning on doing an awful lot of writing. Here’s the writing plan:
- Make some changes/edits/alterations to Book 2 and get it sent off to the publisher so we can start on the editing process and get it placed on the schedule for next year.
- Work on some of the old Hazzard short stories so we can work something up with all of those.
- Finish the first draft of Book 5.
- Maybe write some new short stories?
- Maybe write one of the other novel ideas I have kicking around in my head?\
Now, that last one is probably going to be the sticking point, but you get the idea. Lots of writing time scheduled! I should designate a space in the house for writing instead of just, y’know, sitting on the couch to do it. There are too many other distractions (like the X-Box and its access to games and movies and Netflix). Plus, I’ve got this nice desk up in the bedroom that never gets used (except as a flat surface upon which to stack random junk, in which capacity it’s used constantly).
Anyway, off to go email my publisher about what we’re going to do with all the short stories and Book 2!